It’s March. The year is literally a quarter over and we’re still trying to figure out how the hell that happened. While everyone sits around and work out what we’re doing with their lives in 2018 (and that’s totally okay), we’re back with our monthly wrap ups of what went down in the world of Spinnup, independent music news, and of course – music!
As always, if you come across anything for next month you think we should include, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The best of the blog
- You’ve figured out your sound, your release plans, and maybe even your look – so how do you take it one step further and nail your brand as an artist? It’s much more than your fashion sense, imagery, messaging on socials. Read our Complete Guide To Branding Yourself As A Musical Artist for more.
- In case you didn’t go anywhere near the internet on March 8, it was International Women’s Day. We’re very proud of our company culture and the women who run our team. Find out more about Who Run The World of Spinnup.
- We unveiled a very special new offer from our friends at London’s iconic Abbey Road Studios. Now all Spinnup artists can get 10% off all online mixing and mastering services, click here to find out how.
- One of the toughest things about being an independent or up and coming musician is the criticism and rejection you face. Do you know who else faced the same thing? The answer is only one tap away.
- A huge number of independent musicians spend their lives juggling other commitments, mainly university, other study or work. Before it gets a bit too overwhelming, we’re put together some helpful hints on how to balance your music and uni or work life.
- As per usual we picked out some of our favourite Spinnup artists to Introduce you to, including KamiKwazi, Cortes and Harry Fisher.
Music industry news
- Facebook is changing the way it reports organic reach for page posts, which could impact the way you read your social media stats. Read more
- Good news for all our Spinnup France artists, the French recorded music market grey by almost 4% last year! Read more
- Internet giant Google has introduced a very cool way for musicians to reach out to their fans with a new feature allows artists to post messages in search results. Read more
- Ever thought, “I think Spotify needs to be more like Wikipedia” ? No? Well now it has thanks to Spotify enlisting its users to add music metadata. Read more
Our favourite March Spinnup releases
Swedish-born London-based artist China Yggström released her debut single ‘Halcyon Days‘, which received instant praise from indie music blogs and is quietly accumulating a healthy number of streams on Spotify.
German emcee Ahzumjot returned with his latest single, ‘Wieder Nicht Dein Jahr‘. The latest in a string of release Ahzumjot, brings a grimy beat with thumping bass and crunching synths to sit under his trademark confident flow.