The internet is a wide and wonderful(and weird) place, but let’s face it sometimes with the sheer amount of information, music, memes and cat videos, it’s just too hard to keep up with everything that’s going on. In an effort to combat that we are starting a wrap up of everything that went down in the world of Spinnup, music, and beyond at the end of each month. If you come across anything for next month you think we should include, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The best of the blog
- After announcing the changes to the release data available in your artist account (seriously, check that out if this is news to you), we decided we needed to dig a little deeper. Why does your data matter? How can it help you? Can it really help you make practical decisions in your career? Resounding yes’s to all of those – read on for more.
- Because we are loud and proud data geeks, we took this one step further to prove that music data can actually be really entertaining. Before you roll your eyes and go, “yeah, sure thing Spinnup,” click here.
- As always we had week after week of amazing acts featured in our Spinnup Introducing series, starting with Nashville pop artist Bethany Ann, dreamy French indie outfit Mezzanine, Dutch six-piece Waltzburg, and Swedish hip-hop group taking Spotify by storm, ODZ.
Music industry news
- Instagram now allows business to properly schedule posts using third party services – great for organising your key image content Read more
- Apple Music’s US subscribers to pass Spotify’s by the summer, which gives you potentially even more fans to reach in America. Read more
- Spotify For Brands breaks down the listening habits of Millenials, Tech Early Adopters and Mums, could you be reaching more of these music fans? Read more
- Pandora bring on demand premium service to web. Read more
Our favourite February Spinnup releases
Women, the latest single from Zimbabwean-UK artist KamiKwazi. The track was written as a show of admiration for all the women in his life, from his mum, female relatives and friends to his girlfriend.
French singer Joko made us fall in lover with her latest EP Loon, which was released on Valentine’s Day.
New Zealand band Mako Road released their first EP with us, The Green Superintendent. With one of the most eye catching pieces of cover art this year, the project is a relaxed indie affair, that we’ve been spinning on our playlists for the last few weeks.