Did you know: The vinyl record market is in its 16th consecutive year of growth in the US, with LP sales jumping by more than 50% last year, surpassing both digital and CD albums?
Crazy, right? The nostalgic connection to vinyl in the digital era is clearly at an all time high, so we got to thinking…how can our artists jump on this trend?
We did some research and here’s our answer: Vinylify, an online service which makes hand-cut, fully customisable, 10″ vinyl records on demand.
How does it work?
To date, artists have been limited to ordering large quantities (+300) of vinyl at a time. Vinylify is able to produce quantities starting from one as they cut vinyl by hand. It allows all artists, emerging or established names to have their digital release on a physical vinyl record.
How to get your music on vinyl with Vinylify
It takes just three simple steps to get your very own vinyl record…
First, cover art…
Upload your artwork for the front and back cover. For images it’s recommended to use a high-resolution square jpeg. or png. files (minimum 2048×2048).
Next, choose your colour…
Choose a vinyl color and upload a design for your labels including title and tracklist. Currently, Vinylify is offering black, white, and colored transparent vinyl (clear, red, blue and green).
Finally, upload your music…
You can fit a maximum of 10 minutes of music per side, so 20 minutes total. Preferably mastered in wav or mp3 (320 kbps) format.
Vinylify’s experienced vinyl cutters spend hours carving records to perfection in their Amsterdam studio. From vinyl cutting, quality control, packaging, it’s all done by hand. Want to see how it’s done? Check out the video below:
How to: Use your vinyl as a promo tool
Obviously, having a vinyl copy of your latest release is insanely cool and will have a lot of sentimental value to you as a musician. But don’t forget, as an independent artist, you are a business, so whether you like it or not, its always good to have one eye on how you can use the resources available to you to sell more records.
So, we asked our lovely marketing team here at Spinnup to think of some ways that you could use your unique vinyl record, to promote a new release:
- Get your brand new digital only release on vinyl as a limited edition. Run a social media competition, giving your fans the opportunity to win something unique, the only vinyl copy ever being made.
- Let one of your fans pick their favourite tracks from your music catalog and create a limited edition vinyl record to give them.
- Send your vinyl to someone with a big following on social media e.g. an influencer or perhaps another artist who inspires you. This is a classic PR move, and hopefully will result in them shouting you out on their insta-story or TikTok.
- Got a live gig coming up? Playing at a festival? Get your set list printed on vinyl, and do some fan engagement during the show. Get someone from the audience up on stage and give them the record as a surprise. Everyone will be jealous, trust us!
- Let us help! Once you’ve got your vinyl printed, send us a pic of the cover, along with a link to your track on Spotify to email@example.com and we’ll share it on our instagram account.
Spinnup artists can now save 10% on coloured custom made vinyl records with Vinylify
A little gift from us to you 🎁 Spinnup has partnered with Vinylify which allows you to have your digitally distributed music also on a real physical vinyl for less. Click here to redeem the offer and start creating your vinyl record with 10% off. Jus use the promo code SPINNUP10 at checkout.